blog change

Hello! This blog used to be called Muslins and Musings, but now we're on a new adventure. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 1 November 2015

sock knitting

Hellooo! I had planned to do a slightly Halloween-y post this weekend, but given that it's the 1st of November, I thought I'd share something a little cozier.
Last winter for my world history class, we had to listen to the History of the World in 100 Objects podcasts from BBC. If you're interested in history, I recommend checking them out–they're a cool look into history on a more personal level than epic wars and great monuments. The book is good too, but you can't knit at the same time (it's also not free like the podcasts).

I used Tin Can Knits's free (sensing a theme here...) sock pattern Rye. It was the second sock pattern I've ever used, and super nice and easy, with very helpful links to their website as well. I didn't make any changes to the pattern, except by accident the top of the left one is much looser than the right.

The yarn is Naturally Aran Tweed I found on sale at the yarn store back home. I'm not sure if it has a colour name, but it is shade 85, a beautiful dark, purply blue with light blue and fuchsia knops. I bought three balls, but used just two full ones I think. It's lovely. I got the leftover ball out to check the information and now I just want to cuddle it.

I forgot to take pictures until it was almost dark today, so for something a little different, I thought I'd share something I wrote for poetry class about said socks.


Thanks for reading, and here's to a happy new month!

No comments:

Post a Comment