blog change

Hello! This blog used to be called Muslins and Musings, but now we're on a new adventure. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday 7 September 2014

First

Hellooo blog world.

This week I started college, and I've also started this blog. Pigs might fly before this happens at school, but lets skip the awkward "hey I just met you" stage and move right into being good friends, alright? Alright. (I would've said 'okay', but these days the moment those four letters are uttered they are taken to be a mushy reference to The Fault in Our Stars) 
Anyhow, this week I've had first impressions on the brain and I think that a first day of school outfit and a first blog post are pretty similar. A lot of thought goes into both and how we want to portray ourselves to people whom we will likely come to know well, but I think the effect of each ends up being rather anticlimactic given the effort we've put into them. Ninety-nine percent of people are probably too preoccupied on the first day really notice what a stranger is wearing, and how often do you read the very first post of someones blog? But that doesn't mean I am not going to share what I wore anyways.

This tank top was originally a shapeless t-shirt. Except for an inch or so from the back hem, it was just big enough that I could cut the Wiksten Tank pattern out of it. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but the entire design on the shirt is hand embroidered (not by me). I love how perfectly the embroidery fit with the pattern, like it was destined to be. I am also pretty pleased with how much easier the bias bindings were after my first attempt 2 years ago, because they make for such a nice finish. 



Let the new adventures begin!

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your blog. Thanks, and I'll read the next one. Have a great year at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderfully creative you are! I wish you many adventures this school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet :) School is going pretty well so far.

      Delete
  3. Nice leaf Rowan, love hearing what's up and delighted by the letter. Post on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I loved your letter as well. Meow!

      Delete
  4. Waouhhh ! The fabric is amazing, where do you find this beauty?
    I love your look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is amazing isn't it? It was an old shirt that I found second-hand :)

      Delete